Frequently Asked Questions
- How is setting up a fund through a community foundation different from giving a direct donation to a charity or nonprofit organization?
- What kinds of gifts do community foundations accept? Do I have to make a cash donation?
- What is the difference between an unrestricted fund, a designated fund, and a donor-advised fund?
- What is the difference between an endowed fund and a non-endowed fund?
- Where does the data on the Kansas transfer of wealth come from?
- How do I find out if there is a community foundation in my area?
- My financial advisor has never mentioned community foundations. How can I talk to my advisor or attorney about community foundations?